This is an award given “to bloggers by other bloggers” – liebster can mean dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart etc.
(Most of y’all probably know that, but I haven’t been blogging for very long so I researched it)
Anywayyyyyy, the rules are as follows: (if you want to pass it on)
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their page(s).
2. Proudly display the award banner on your page.
3. List eleven facts about yourself…
4. …AND Answer the questions the award-giver asked you and make 11 more for your nominees.
5. List your nominees
Eleven Facts about The Girl Who Likes to Think Shes’s Different (known to the real world as Vicky)
- I was born in South Africa (YES THERE ARE WHITE PEOPLE IN AFRICA OMF) but I moved to the States when I was five and went back to SA for the first time last December
- I love to read, especially classics (Jane Eyre is my favourite book <3) and I pride myself on my extensive vocabulary. But during the school year both my will and ability to read are greatly decreased because I spend the little free time I have doing things that don’t tax my brain too much
- All I want in the whole world is to be a recognised and published poet, but as a realistic career choice I want to be a journalist, and then an editor (I am anal about spelling and grammar, especially since I’m the yearbook copy editor).
- I throw myself into my schoolwork and berate myself for anything less than an A – even low As bug me. But this is not so much because I think it’s important, but because it gives me some sort of focus, and purpose. (Like what my poem Paper Cages says).
- I hate my body. And I really like hugs. Sorry that’s two facts
- Country is the only music genre I can say I love – everything else I listen to comes from all over the place. And the Arctic Monkeys irritate me (except for a few songs).
- I love musicals, especially Cats and My Fair Lady. We are going to see a very well done production of The Phantom of the Opera this week and I am over the moon
- I love to organise, but I am incapable of keeping anything that way. Every time I clean up my room, it’s a war zone the next day. It drives my mum insane but I can’t help it
- I’m pretty sure I’m addicted to coffee. and maybe tea.
- I try not to tell my friends very much about things like guys, because the way they go on about it really irritates me
- I have a small doll collection that creeps all my friends out, because they are very realistic (and expensive) and most of them have deeply haunted expressions. I love them desperately and I think I’ll find my true kindred spirit when I find someone who doesn’t mind, even enjoys, Becca, Avalon Charmon, Josefina, Annabelle Claire, Jane, and Adriana…wow I’ve never typed their names out.
The Questions Karen Asked Me
- What is my pet peeve?
- People who have no passion or sense of purpose or some idea of what they want, Also, bad spelling and grammar makes me want to kill small alpacas
- What inspires me to write?
- It depends. Sometimes I will just be sitting there and have this idea that I simply have to express. Sometimes I just have too many emotions inside of me and I spill them onto paper/the computer before they overwhelm me or (God forbid) cause me to tell them to other people. Also, this Woody Allen quote from Midnight in Paris “The artist’s job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.”
- What is your favourite holiday, and why?
- omg. omg omg omg. I love Christmas sososososo much, like when December rolls around you guys are probably going to want to unfollow me because of my deep and unerring love for this holiday. And even though (I think) I’m a Christian, that’s not why I love it so much. I can celebrate Jesus any time – he wasn’t even born in December. But the feelings that overcome me during Christmas make me want to laugh euphorically and cry uncontrollably – it is both terrible and beautiful. I love the snow, the smell of pine, the music, the lights, the everything. I am actually about to cry so let’s go to the next question
- What is my dream date?
- This is a very difficult question. But while I was in South Africa, I met this guy, and we only knew each other for like two days But the second night we both slept by the fire on the sand in our jeans and sweaters, and talked until like 4 am about everything and made wishes and looked at the stars and ate custard (which you can’t get in the States) and it was the most beautiful thing in the world, and nothing even happened between us. Something along those lines will forever be perfect in my mind. Remind me to post my poem about that.
- Favourite memory I wish I could enjoy?
- It’s not a specific memory, but the days in elementary school when we lived in Northern Idaho and had woods behind our house and an acre of land and boys didn’t matter and every day was an adventure just playing pretend
- What is my favourite food?
- WHIPPED CREAM and if you want to tell me it’s not a food just go ahead and unfollow me right now
- What do I fear?
- Eternity. and dentists
- Favourite blog post I’ve ever posted?
- If I could live in any time period, what would it be?
- My reading has inspired a great love for the Romantic Era (late 1700s/early 1800s). Or the 80s
- Number one thing I have to have with me when I leave the house?
- My phone and headphones or a notebook
- What can’t I live without?
- Coffee, notebooks, pens, and music
- MY FAVOURITE BLOG IN THE WORLD (http://deepbluesandseafoamgreens.wordpress.com/)
Sorry if this sort of thing irritates you guys
- What is your favourite book and how did you fall in love with it?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Coffee/tea/neither/or both? (I feel this tells a lot about a person)
- Where would you live, if you had the choice?
- What is a quote that inspires/speaks to you?
- What person are you most attached to?
- What is something about you that people may find odd?
- Do you collect anything?
- What sort of shoes do you generally wear?
- What things would you tell the internet world but not your friends?
- Do you wish on shooting stars, no matter how futile it may be? What do you wish for?
Have fun ❤ You guys are cool
~A Girl Who Likes to Think She’s Different